LED technology refers to lighting that makes use of light emitting diodes (LED) to create light. LED lights are typically utilized as alternatives to traditional incandescent or fluorescent lights as they consume less energy, last longer, and emit less heat.
LEDs are constructed of semiconducting materials which emit light as an electrical charge passes through them. The color of the light is determined by the kind of semiconducting material used in the LED. White LEDs are the combination of several color LEDs.
There are many colors available for LEDs. These include amber, white, red and green. It is possible to combine two or more LEDs to produce diverse shades. The majority of appliances of today like smartphones and televisions are equipped with LED lights.
Because of its many advantages over traditional lighting technologies LED lighting is becoming more sought-after. Some of the key benefits are:
1. Lower energy consumption: LED lights are much more efficient than other types of lights, converting 90% or more of their power into light. This lets you cut down on the cost of electricity.
If, for instance, you used a 100-watt light bulb that was on for 10 hours a day the cost would be around $5.30 for electricity every month. A comparable 13-watt LED lamp would require only $1.20 worth of electricity during the same time frame.
LED bulbs that are new can last up to 50,000 hours. It’s 10 times more than the lifespan of a CFL. You will save about $100 by not having to replace your bulbs as frequently and also saving about 100 over the lifetime of the bulb.
2. The LED lights also produce much less heat than other kinds of bulbs for lighting. This is an advantage since you don’t have to worry about the bulbs becoming too hot or creating a fire. It is also possible to choose smaller fixtures because there is no heat sink.
3. Faster on/off times LED lights come on and off faster than other bulbs. This is because there is no need for them to warm up, unlike CFL or incandescent bulbs.
4. Better lighting quality: LEDs can produce a wider range of colors than other kinds of bulbs, which makes the perfect choice for projects like painting or reading. They don’t have the similar amount of glare as CFLs or halogen lights.
5. LEDs are very small and are able to be utilized where traditional lighting isn’t an option.
In general, LED technology is a great option for those looking for longer-lasting and energy efficient lighting. LED bulbs may be an alternative for those looking to lower their electricity bills and lower the amount of heat produced and make greener lighting options.
For more information, click LED chandeliers